Thursday, August 27, 2009

Quantum sex

I don't listen.

I'm very guilty of not listening I say to Lin. (after switching off the television.)

I worry that I'm getting caught out for not knowing other people know this, and they'd think I was more of a prick for it. But the truth is I do tune out. I do have many 'Saving Private Ryan' moments when I lose audio and just see a mouth moving in very slow motion while my mind runs off chasing the last words that had just spouted from my mouth and then when it's caught them, begins interrogating them.

If you were that person, I apologize. I'm Sorry.

I tune back in when Lin says something about quantum science. Well it was the word 'quantum' that caught me. What? I ask to which she says that she could well have been explaining quantum science to me while I'd been tuning out all this time. Um. Ok I guess I mutter but then you never really hear the word 'quantum' being paired with science do you? She smiles, I call bluff, saying that not only do I not believe that she's been droning about quantum science, but I bet she doesn't even know what the word means. 'Quantum?' or 'quantum science/ physics?' I don't know, 'Quantum' I guess. I dont really know either.

I throw my mind back to Quantum learning. Something to do with ESP and brain waves and subconscious learning techniques. It was a book my mum had given me after I'd finished Supercamp (a quantum-learning summer program).

So how could you use quantum in a different prefix... like Quantum ...Sex? 'We could have quantum sex?' No, "I doubt it" I say. I think Quantum sex could (more likely) involve me sitting on the opposite side of this room and maybe thinking about masturbating and then when I somehow think myself into a climax you'd maybe concentrate on and (hold that thought) and feel a tingling. In the best case scenario we might simultaneously think about (or think we're having) an orgasm.

Er. Ok. She replies, now slightly disturbed.

Hmm, lets settle this. I say pulling out the iphone to google it.
We lie in bed for a while waiting for the application to boot up.

'Thats... a pretty bad definition' I say after reading it.

'I... should get home' she replies getting out of bed.

I try wikipedia.

Hmm, maybe this is more like quantum (sex).

No comments: