Monday, January 11, 2010

New thing

Its 2010 and things are different.

We sat down last night to try and plan our trip in May, changing calendars, waiting for websites to load, I walked the block with Doug looking at gyms, and counted the things I ate in a day: Two cups black coffee, three cans of soda water, a chicken sandwich with thin mayo and whole meal bread, 4 jellybeans in red delicious, butter pop corn, tropical bubble gum and cherry flavors, Soy joy bar, and a bowl of noodles.

As far as the 'official records' are concerned, I'm still off cigarettes (10 months and counting) and off beer for at least until I reach a satisfactory weight and can fit into my skinny pants again without fear of overhang.

The things I've set out to do this year are small. One thing in particular, is listen to the news instead of my iPod. This was triggered out of a moment of panic when I realized that I didn't recognize Time magazine's Man of the year 2009 (Ben Bernanke). The other ambition sounds slightly stupid, but it's to participate in more public social networking discourse. I've found myself becoming more and more socially withdrawn, both virtually and in reality. So I'm going to try and attempt to comment on your facebook pictures and read my digests instead of flicking straight to messages and events. I guess that means trying to remember my twitter login.

So this suddenly doesn't sounds like such an exciting year anymore. but trust me, deep inside me is a frigid little cyber person who's just too afraid to join in, and he's trembling with fear and renewed post-Social-networking re-enthusiasm.

And if I haven't said it to you yet in an effort to make conversation : Happy new year !

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

http://www.achewood.com/index.php?date=01172010