Sunday, February 21, 2010

Rain

The rain made things wet, and the wetness in turn woke up new sensations.

A squishiness in my socks, the spray from a moving bus. It brought about a sense of urgency and reduced us to animals, hunters, a massive flock dispersed and fanning out for shelter and warmth.

We ended up in an art gallery, a new bike shop, a spotlight, a seven eleven. We chained out bikes to a tree when the guard told us we couldn't use the carpark. We skid through a hail of traffic, and finally I did what I never thought I'd ever do, and sat in the driveway scrubbing down my bike with Jiff, grazing my knuckles on the gear box. It didn't matter, I felt alive, furiously scrubbing grease off metal, not being able to distinguish the sweat from the rain. The hot shower that followed was the best shower ever, so was the icy cup of Ribena.

Later that night, we couldn't get into our local club-house restaurant, there was a 10 meter queue of people - presumably this had something to do with the rain as well. so we ended up at trying some new dishes across the road. I had braised duck noodles. We all ate heartily, and didn't think too much about calories or dieting. It was a nice change.

1 comment:

Personal Life said...

Yes, rain is wet but it makes me feel happy. I remember it when i was kid.