Thursday, June 30, 2011

Mr. Brightside

Once more I ran into the rain, this time with a waterproof arm band to keep a different iPhone dry.

It beats the plastic bag I'd brought along with me to run last time and I sorely needed the music to go on.

How far will Richard Hawley carry me today?

Damn far I decided - so now I'm doing the rather inconsiderate sprinting-through-puddles, splashing the slow moving lunch time pedestrians with each splish and splosh. fuckem' I decide because tonight the streets are ours.

I couldn't have been sprinting too fast though, because I feel a series of blunt jabs in the shoulder, and turning around I watch almost in slow motion a very tall and white haired middle aged caucasian man is chasing after me and prodding me with his umbrella.

I'm struck with fear as it crosses my mind that he must take revenge pretty seriously to hunt me down in the pouring rain.

But instead he slumps over huffing and puffing with a relieved smile, extending his arm to pass me the key's I'd dropped in my haste.

"I think you dropped these".

"Uh, thanks"  I blurt out, hesitating to retract my bad thoughts.

Hey, Thanks.

No comments: