Sunday, January 05, 2014

Send in the clowns

It was a soft conversation.

There were long pauses. Broken analogies.

Attempts to be romantic or funny just made me realize that they were the problem. Had I been joking and coddling so long that I couldn't tell life apart from the dream?

A couple can't share a bed with two separate dreams - these are the sage words of my parents.

In one dream we were brave adventurers in the new world. We seemed braver and more adventurous than when we were lying on the couch unable to decide on the next netflix movie.

I had a dream, we were in a pet store the other night.

I'd forgotten we'd broken up and in this other place we were in a pet store looking at the animals when you mischievously reach for a dog biscuit and began to eat it. In the dream we sampled all sorts of pet foods secretly. It was pretty romantic and I felt so edgy and happy following you. We sat there in the corner with little plastic cups full of pellets and mashes and pastes comparing them like a mixed bag of jelly belly beans.

When I woke up had to delete all the photos of us. It was so hard. I couldn't justify deleting most of them and chose instead to start with the random screen shots I'd taken of you on face time that you never knew I'd taken. you'd probably be happy they are gone. They were probably my favorite.

Its hard relating the break up to other people.

I can't remember the reasons I had for breaking up just the ones that make me sad.






No comments: